Solved

Field [CODE_A] is mandatory for Pay Accounting Row

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

We’re trying to close out quarter end in Finance and when approving a mixed payment, we’re getting this error on 7 transaction lines. 

All of the other lines go through normally and if you look at the transactions, they’re pulling the account number from posting controls as we would expect. This has never happened before in previous months.

Any ideas would be helpful as we’re currently stuck and unable to close the quarter.
We’re running IFS Applications 10 Update 9.

icon

Best answer by djsteiger 6 July 2023, 19:33

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

We finally found a solution after a couple days of digging. 
There was a tax code change in our state and a few of the lines were one day past the validity date for the tax code being used.  Instead of having a tax code error, the error message pointed at CODE_A (account number) which was sending us down the posting control rabbit hole.

For anyone who runs into this in the future, verify TAX CODES are in a valid range for both invoice and discount dates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

What type of transaction is causing the error?     Mixed payment allows for different types of transactions. 

For example … 

To assist with the closing consider moving the transactions in error to a new mixed payment. In this case, the good records will process and then we can focus on the transactions with an error.  It could very well be some data relating to the records in error. Without knowing more about the transactions, it’s just a guessing game. 

My first thought was that you had direct cash payments where no account was specified in the postings.  When I tested in a newer version of apps 10, I get a different message. 

You may have the same, but with a different error message.  

Note, for the direct cash, I did not include the manual postings. 

Best regards, 

Thomas