Solved

External Supplier Invoice Template STDSIN1 or STDSIN2/Duplicate Invoice No error

• 19 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 351 replies

Does anyone have either/both of these templates they could share, please?  If there is a completed example that works that would also be appreciated too. 

We have an issue (Apps 9) where we are trying to import a multi-line supplier invoice (one invoice no, multiple lines/postings/tax codes) but the invoice fails to load.  When we import an invoice with one record, it imports without error.  When we try multiple lines we get the following error

Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.  

Linda

icon

Best answer by PRODQ 27 May 2021, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda,

For STDSIN2 , you need to copy this template and add column id MULTIPLE_LINES_ALLOWED and need to pass value as TRUE and based on Item id and Row id combination this work.

For STDSIN1 you can manage this through item id and Row id combination for I , P and T 

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Linda,

If you want to import supplier invoice with multi-line you should use STDSIN1 template.

This template allows you to use more than one rows type I (Items).

You can add also more line for postings.

In attachment you will find an example how this file should look like.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the swift replies @malcpl and @MKG019.  Very helpful.

Do you know why you’d choose STDINS1 rather than STDINS2?  

Also, @MKG019 I’m not sure I follow your referring to MULTIPLE_ROW being set to TRUE and Item ID and Row ID.  I’ve created a copy of STDINS2 template and added in the MULTIPLE_ROW

I picked it from the List of Values.  I’ve added it in as Column no 173 as that is next in my excel template.  I have two questions.  Should the “Data Type” be set to STRING or something else?

When I come to entering into excel, should this be entered as ‘Y’ or ‘TRUE’?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Linda,

Template STDSIN2 allows you import supplier invoices with only one tax code (or without tax code), one posting line, one installment rate, etc. The whole information of supplier invoice should be set in one row.
Temaplate STDSIN1 you can use for supplier invoices with mutliply invoice lines, multiply postings lines, multiply installments, etc.
So in your case the better solution is use STDSIN1 template.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda,

STDSIN A type record file is very user friendly in case if it is to prepared by user as we have only line in that the data can be copied and updated.  

STDSIN1  H,I,P,T,N,V,O record type is suitable if data is generated by any third part application  where 1 to one mapping can be set.

Both the record type allows to upload multi invoice line and multi post line and multi tax lines.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Mukesh @MKG019 

Your STDCIN2 looks like what I’m looking for.  There is the Excel input template, and an example of the semi-colon separated text file for upload into IFS but there is no “conversion” tab.  The one that looks like this…

which converts to this…

Do you have a version of STDCIN2 that has this at all, please?

Many thanks,

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda,

Unfortunately I don't have any conversation rules created , we normally take the file in notepad use  find and replace options.

We also use Tab separator delimited  file and that we are able to do it from excel only.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Mukesh.  Thanks for the reply but I’m sorry I don’t entirely understand your reply.  

I’ll have to try another route.  

Thanks again.

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This is now resolved as we have had some Partner training and have a copy of the necessary template.