Solved

External Supplier Invoice file import strips spaces from some fields

• 22 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey all,

We are using an external file template (a copy of STDSIN) to import posted and authorized manual supplier invoices into IFS. This has been working for over a year for freight bills.

Now I am working on a second manual supplier invoice import where the payment reference (NCF_REFERENCE field of MAN_SUPP_INVOICE) and TEXT field of posting lines have spaces in them. Invoice creation into a “PostedAuth” state works fine, but all the spaces are being removed from the NCF_REFERENCE and TEXT fields.

This happens whether I use text delimiters in my external file or not. So, an NCF_REFERENCE of

Week Ending April 1

becomes

WeekEndingApril1

This is not acceptable because we are using the NCF_REFERENCE to match exactly to expense report name (expense software is separate from IFS). I cannot replace the spaces with something else (like underscores) because then matches will not be found without jumping through a lot of hoops in downstream integrations. The payment reference is designed for that very use, and it accepts spaces in the IEE (APPS10) client. So, the external file import should also accept spaces.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or by design, and does anyone have a workaround? Invoices are very difficult to create via the API (that’s why we have had to use external files), so I need this to work natively. All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 23 March 2022, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Joe

Please check the following options

RMB on the External file template line for NCF_REFERENCE and TEXT, and see, if there is a REPLACE FUNCTION.  This is the only place where the scope tool does such updates to the data. 

Do not see this as a default setup within the ExtSuppInv based External file templates, so could have got added  or was there in earlier versions, but now has been removed .

Hope this helps.

regards

Vivek

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@sutekh137 I have moved this to the Finance forum. Hope this is ok. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can this thread help you?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Here is the screenshot that @Adam Bereda is referring to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@sutekh137 I have moved this to the Finance forum. Hope this is ok. 

Totally fine, this helped me figure it out!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Can this thread help you?

Yes! This helped me fix it. Had no idea what those options meant even though I looked right at them several times. Even if I read the help, I must have been under the impression it means to skip a field if it was all blanks. didn’t know it means the spaces within. Now everything comes through fine!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Here is the screenshot that @Adam Bereda is referring to.

Thank you for taking the time to paste in the screenshot -- this helped solve my issue!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Joe

Please check the following options

RMB on the External file template line for NCF_REFERENCE and TEXT, and see, if there is a REPLACE FUNCTION.  This is the only place where the scope tool does such updates to the data. 

Do not see this as a default setup within the ExtSuppInv based External file templates, so could have got added  or was there in earlier versions, but now has been removed .

Hope this helps.

regards

Vivek

Vivek, that was not the issue -- was the Process Option to “Skip All” that I didn’t dig into deeply enough. Thanks for the idea, though -- I did check those translations to make sure there weren’t any additional “gotchas” there…

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman