Solved

External Customer Payment Upload Error - There is no record type 2_DETAIL in the file

• 16 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

I keep getting the below error when uploading an external customer payment file. I have created my external customer payment template using the CUP_MT940NLABN file type. I have attached the screenshot of the modified payment template below:

Below is the error I’m getting:

If anyone can provide me with a reason behind this error, or advise me on how to modify my file information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/Pasan

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 17 July 2023, 18:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In a file type (template) like this IFS needs to know the data type.   If you look at the original template you will see every section of the template includes the type of data header, detail, or other. 

This is designated via the following. Record type. 

You need some data to identify that this is the detail data.  

Similar to the above if you look at the detail section IFS has the same record_type attribute to designate a detail record. I see no such record type in your template. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I have modified my external file template to include the Record Type as follows:

And I uploaded the below file. However, I am unsure what I should give as the Record Type ID in the external payment file. Could you please inform me where can I find these details or how they should be modified?

Thank you once again for your response!

Best regards,

/Pasan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If you look at the core (original) template, you can see the following.  The external file control dictate's what is the valid value - what values drive a skip or satisfy meaning what data value is a header, detail, or footer.   In the below, for a detail record the value in your file will be  :61:

This assumes that you used the copy template function to create your template.  

You should have a similar external file template control from the input screen / tab. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Thomas!

By Following your steps I was able to successfully transfer the external file. Really appreciate your support!

Thanks, and best regards,

/Pasan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

That’s great. 

No problems. 

Best regards,