Solved

Error: Inventory Transaction History FA Code Part Missing

• 29 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

When transferring an Inventory item to Company Rental Asset using the RMB on the Inventory Part in Stock screen, the system requires posting control M259 for Pre Posting to the FA Object ID.  However, this was not in place when the initial transfer from Company Owned to Company Rental Asset occurred.  How do we fix the transaction record to add the FA Object ID to the transaction line?  It is stuck in Inventory Transaction History and we will not be able to close the books until we can resolve.

I have a similar error when we pre posted with a FA object with the wrong status.  A recommended solution would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by VCook 30 March 2021, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Looks like I resolved my own problem but am posting here to share the resolution. 

I was able to solve the first error that said the FA code part was missing by editing posting control M257 and M258 to hardcode the FA ID using control type AC1 and re-ran the postings in the Distribution and Mfg Postings Analysis screen.  Then removed the posting controls. Thankfully I did not have many separate asset ID transactions because this may not have worked otherwise.  You cannot rerun erroneous postings to a specific date, only a site.

For the problem of M257 that says I have specified a FA object with wrong status.  Since there was no depreciation done yet on the item and it was not imported , I was able to Deactivate it from the Object screen which set it back to Investment status.  I reran the postings analysis.