Solved

Direct Shipment (Supplier to Customer)

• 15 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Can a direct Shipment be billed in multiple Invoices?  Example, we  have a CO for 1500 pcs which creates a PO for 1500 from the supplier.  When the 1500 pcs it Debits CoGS and Credits RNV for the receipt of the 1500 pcs.  But the shipment is actually on two containers (one with 1000 pcs and one with 500 pcs).  Can we create two separate invoices?  One for 1000 pcs and another for 500 pcs?  the test we did allowed us to change the qty on the invoice to 1000, but it will not allow us to bill the other 500 pcs.  Thanks in advance for the help.  

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 15 August 2023, 22:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Bob. 

I would need to test the following but I’m already late for a meeting (my bad). 

The test would be to register only 500 for the first direct delivery (register direct delivery in the purchase area). Then register another 1000. The timing of this would depend on how fast the invoice is created.  If your customer order for these orders have no stops, when you register direct delivery shortly after you should get an invoice then do the register direct delivery for the second shipment.  The only reason I suggest the 500 first is I don’t know your allowed difference for closing a PO / order.  Some clients allow a larger percent as they rarely ship complete and they want the orders to close.   

Do that test in test. It should work I’m 90+ % certain.   

Best regards, 

Tom