Solved

Difference between 'show invoice' options in posting proposal screen

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

On behalf of an LCS case.

There is a difference in number of records found when choosing "I Next Authorizer" and searching for the same authorizer in "All" or "My only" in Posting Proposal.

Test plan

--------------------

Select ‘All’ → query for user ‘ABC’ in i’m next authorizer’ -> No of records 500

Select ‘My Only’ -> No of records 500

Select ‘I’m next authorizer’ → No of records 200

Please explain the criteria or difference between these options

Best regards

Zuha

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 13 May 2022, 11:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

All - will show all posting proposals that user is allowed to see, if they don’t have access or rights to see other posting proposals, than all of the ones they can see, are their own

My Only - will show all posting proposals that the user is assigned to, no matter which point in the sequence the proposal is for authorization.  If the user can see other posting proposals that are not their own, this selection will filter to just their own.

I’m Next Authorizer - will show the proposals where the current user is the next pending authorizer.  If there is a difference to the My Only selection, then it would be due to the authorization chain for some proposals has another user that comes before the current user in the the authorization sequence.  This is a further filtering of My Only to be My Only  AND are actionable now by me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have a follow up question - why does the “I’m Next Authorizer” not show Unbalanced invoices?

I would like to see all invoices I am the next autorhizer for no matter what the status says.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,
If I understand it well, option “I’m Next Authorizer” is meant to show lines where immediate action is required. If invoice is Unbalanced, authorization is not possible - no immediate action. 
It is my understanding only, not official statement from IFS side...

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

My challenge is to show all the invoices where I am the next authorizer no matter what the status is because I will do the postings and handle matching towards PO’s or manually post myself. I could of course choose “My Only” but here I also get all the invoices where I already have authorized but still waiting for others to be finally approved and those I do not want to see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, Irene, 

In such a case I would recommend you using “My only” option and do query with additional filters you need - to reduce number of the records shown. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m still not sure how I am going to filter only those I haven’t authorized. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There used to be a column there with checkbox “Proposal user authorized” indicating that the user who is currently logged in has authorized the posting proposal.

If you query for records with this flag unchecked, you will see all the records where you did not yet do authorization.