Skip to main content
Question

Customer Reminder Proposals

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

We’re looking to send our customers a reminder of due invoices 10 days prior to the actual due date. 
Most of our invoices are NET30, so this would be a reminder that goes out 20 days after the invoice date.

I’m able to setup a reminder template that has tiers for 0 and 20 days, but it seems to only start after the invoice is past due.  
If I have a tier 0 at 0 days and tier 1 at 20 days, it won’t generate anything on the Customer Reminder Proposal until the invoice is 20 days overdue.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
It seems like functionality that everyone would expect to be there out of the box.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This is flexible. In Europe it is fairly common to send a reminder for invoices that will be due soon.  

Check your settings - see below, this option allows invoices that are not yet past due date. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Thomas Peterson , 
We do have that option turned on and it will include Invoices Not Due on the proposal.
However, if there aren’t any invoices currently due, it won’t generate a proposal for that customer at all.  
If there is 1 invoice overdue and 9 invoices that will be due in a month, they will all populate on the proposal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Interesting.   I created two new customers. One with an invoice not due for 5 or so days, and the other with 1 invoice due yesterday. 

The reminder prop has the following details.  I only ran the proposal for the two new customers. 

Looks like it worked.  Both customers and both invoices were selected. One not due, the other just past due. 

Reminders use the data updated on the invoices to note last reminder information. It’s possible your invoices may have already been considered in previous reminder process / tests.  

See the reminder / interest information for the invoices.  or try new data. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Thomas Peterson 
I tried this again with fresh data and new customers. 
Nothing gets added to the proposal until Reminder Date > Due Date. 
If I set reminder date to today and they have an invoice with a due date that’s 10 days out, nothing happens. 
If I set reminder date to 7/30 and the invoice is due 7/24, then it will add that invoice to level 0 and populate on the proposal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Send image of the template attached to the customers. 

This is a copy of the template I created for testing. My customers were assigned to that template. 

If your example is like the above, and you clearly assigned the template to your new customers before the invoices were created, then I would suggest you log a support ticket. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Thomas Peterson 
This is how I have it configured at the moment. 

The only significant difference I see is that “Consider Accept Delay for Customer Credit Items” isn’t checked.