Solved

Country currency change - How to implement in IFS

• 15 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi all,

One of our companies is operating in country that will soon introduce new currency (Euro) and we would need to implement this change in our IFS installation as well. Does anyone have experience in such scenario, what would be best approach to execute such change? Note, from experience I know some other ERP solutions have standard tool available to execute the conversion to new currency, but don’t know if this is possible in IFS, or we need to set up completely new company and perform migration.

Thank you for your input. 

icon

Best answer by Sandamini Wijeratne 19 December 2021, 07:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Have you logged a call center case?    A call center case would be seen by R&D. I’m not sure if the right people would see this posting, - a call center case may be more visible. 

I would suggest a call center case. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

Have you logged a call center case?    A call center case would be seen by R&D. I’m not sure if the right people would see this posting, - a call center case may be more visible. 

I would suggest a call center case. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi, no I did not. Can you please give me more details about your proposal? What do you mean by call center case? We did discuss this with our support desk internally, but the experience of changing currency in Europe is quite outdated (back in 2000), so we are hoping of some new tools/approaches developed since than.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @josbla 

I think it’s better to raise a case to IFS consulting organization to obtain consulting services mentioning your requirement. They’ll get the work done for you or else they’ll guide you in the process.

Best Regards,

Peshala

Hello,
In my opinion it will be more secure and much convenient to set up new company and perform migration
or rather entering openning balance in new currency. But better order assistance from IFS consulting
to help you with the process.
Best Regards,
Pawel 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @josbla

I believe rather than performing a full migration for a new company, there should be another method to address this as this is a valid business requirement. Therefore, the ideal approach would be to create a new case to IFS support preferably with Consulting support key. 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Sandamini

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you everyone for the input. We did talk to our standard consulting company and they suggested this new company approach, which seems to be generally good idea. We will continue with our partner is this way.