Solved

Code String issue for Fixed Asset object

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Community,

Customer getting below error in the distribution and manufacturing posting analysis window.

‘’Object FA731 has existing accounting transactions with code string that differs from the transaction to be created.’’

I have checked all the code strings for fixed asset object and transactions. There is no difference between them.

Any idea on this? Quick advice will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Thakshila

icon

Best answer by Nancy Fink 31 August 2021, 20:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

From the screen shot -- looks like you have code string of Asset:  FA731 and account: 90004 and cost center:  2010-- not sure if there are other code parts not shown in the screen shot.   Have you gone to gl voucher row analysis and queried for FA731 and you see this exact code string?   

On company\fixed asset -- there is a flag to allow multiple code strings.-- if you check this the error should go away and you should be able to transfer/post -- however I recommend you verify above and confirm you wish to allow multiple code strings. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

From the screen shot -- looks like you have code string of Asset:  FA731 and account: 90004 and cost center:  2010-- not sure if there are other code parts not shown in the screen shot.   Have you gone to gl voucher row analysis and queried for FA731 and you see this exact code string?   

On company\fixed asset -- there is a flag to allow multiple code strings.-- if you check this the error should go away and you should be able to transfer/post -- however I recommend you verify above and confirm you wish to allow multiple code strings. 

I have checked my purchase transaction code strings with GL voucher raw analysis details also. There’s no any difference between them. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I would recommend you log a support case.   If there truly is no difference between the code string on the transactions and the code string of what has been posted to GL for this assetand the pre-postings on the object -- then this would be a false message and would need to be investigated further.