Question

Bank Balances on the cash balance analysis screen

• 9 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi

I’m struggling a little with this query, but does anyone have any information on how to get the bank balances to show on the cash balance analysis screen and the mixed payment screen (opening balance). I would like to be able to see the opening balance of each bank and match this figure to the GL. I think there is a specific function in IFS where you can refresh the bank account balances and flush them through but I’m a bit unsure of where to find it (tried online help as well!) 

Mixed Payment: 

Cash account balance analysis screen 

Any help would be appreciated :) thank you! 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @MishaelAkleker,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you check the Mixed Payment/Cash Box Ledger Transaction Analysis window you can see the transactions done for a particular cash/bank account.

You can RMB on this window and go to details to check each transaction.

You can also check the Manual Transaction Matching and Automatic Transaction Matching windows to check the balance as per the reconciliation date of the Bank Account.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MishaelAkleker ,

Mixed Payment Window

When making a ‘mixed payment’, you will have to connect a ‘cash account’ in below highlighted field. The balances section shows values relating to that particular cash account on currency (value) appearing in this window.

Also, if you hover over the calculated, actual opening and actual closing fields, you can view detailed help text information explaining each area in the application. In summary,

Calculated - shows the cash account balance in mixed payment currency

Actual Opening - opening balance of the cash account as per the statement of account from the payment institute.

Actual Closing - closing balance of the cash account as per the statement of account from the payment institute.

Cash Account Balance Analysis Window

You can use this window to view cash account balances based on payment institute. This is only a query window that can be used to view information and no information can be entered/modified using this window.

In here also you can view account balances together with all cash receipts and disbursements.

Additionally, you can view detailed information about each transaction using RMB > Cash Transactions option.

Regarding your query, I think there is a specific function in IFS where you can refresh the bank account balances and flush them through but I’m a bit unsure of where to find it, have you referred to preparing bank reconciliations?

If so you may use either from below two options,

1. Manual transaction matching – Under this you will have to manually enter ‘bank’ balance based on values appearing in your bank statement.
  1. Automatic transaction matching – under this option you can load the bank statement as an input file, using ‘external file assistant’. Once this is completed, bank balance would get reflected automatically in below field in ‘automatic transaction matching’ window.

Hope this would be helpful,

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, 

Thank you so much for replying, 

I think the main issue I am having is that I have loaded in the GL opening balances and I would have expected an open amount to appear in the cash account balance analysis screens. However I am unable to match this with my GL balances. 

For example the figure highlighted in yellow is the opening balance , I need that for all the bank accounts but am unable to find the function to allow it to appear. A while ago I remember someone telling me they could refresh these balances so I was wondering how we would be able to do that. 

If you have any additional information, would very much appreciate the help :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Mish,

It seems like the open balance migrated for cash account is done using directly passing Q Voucher .

If you migrated it using mixed payment, same will appear in GL and cash balance analysis screen.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Mish,

to fix the balance issue for a cash account in mixed payment you can enter a mixed payment for the specific cash account. Leave the balances empty:

Enter a direct cash transaction and enter the amount to be correct in the balances of the cash account (most probably the amount from your Q-voucher). As account enter the GL account connected to the cash account in PP1.

When posting the  mixed payment the amount entered in the transaction will be posted as a debit and credit on the GL account - but also the cash account balance will be updated. 

Regards

Ralph