Question

QRCode in FSM Client Report

• 18 October 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Community,

has anyone already developed client report showing QR code?

Could you share the tips and tricks developing it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers,

~Juni

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @JuniSihombing 

What is the value of the code? Is is static and similar to all reports or unique code per report?

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

the value of the code will be unique per report.  So it will be combined values of some table columns.  (e.g., req_id + task_id + part_id).

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @JuniSihombing 

I don’t think it is supported without a customisation. Reports have a static structure and only values change. A QR code is not a regular value that can be added to the report.

You might want to consider a custom code.

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

QR code is just another type of barcode and there is barcode support in report designer, but yes you need to customize the report (layout and server code) perhaps if you want to use it, if the report don’t have it already.

There is many reports in applications with barcode already built in, but I don’t know if any have QR code, but it is just basically connecting a value field in report designer and setting it to be a QR/Bar-code.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@JuniSihombing May be something like this? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVrNhVeWvr4

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin , @Dario Zani , @jevin.fernando ,

thank you for your feedbacks.

Indeed, barcode is available in FSM baseline reports.  And  yes, basically building report with QRcode similar to Barcode.

Trying to build the QRcode report now, and  will see whether the code can be previewed in FSM application.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

you mentioned about code customization for report with QR code (dynamic value), is it because the qr-code library does not exist in FSM report viewer yet?

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @JuniSihombing 

Sorry, but I am not sure about your question.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

sorry for not explaining it in detailed.

In the conversation above you mentioned about “

Reports have a static structure and only values change. A QR code is not a regular value that can be added to the report.

You might want to consider a custom code.

FSM can generate Barcode.  

Is the custom code you mentioned related to library in FSM to generate the QRcode, which is currently not available in FSM?

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @JuniSihombing 

I am not aware of the libraries that are available (or not) in FSM.

Generally speaking, I am not aware of any configurations that support a QR code in reports.

Cheers! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

thanks for your response.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @JuniSihombing ,

As far as I can recall, only the barcodes can be achieved through the baseline ui client library in the rdlc file by defining an image control with type image/jpeg. Under the value you will need to define something similar to below.

<Value>=Metrix.UI.ClientReports.Util.GetBarcode("*" + Fields!your_column_name.Value + "*", 30)</Value> 

30 is the barcode width / height.

This needs to be done only for the client rdlc report.

I have seen similar extended versions of report implementations (picking lists) in some customer environments. 

But for QR I'm not too sure whether there's an available function in the same library

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @SAMLK,

thank you for your feedback.

If I understand well about that method will only print barcode.  It seems no function for QRCode available yet in the same library.

@SAMLK , @Dario Zani, @Shneor Cheshin, @jevin.fernando 

Feel free to upvote this idea QRCode in FSM Client Report | IFS Community for improvement in FSM.  

Cheers,

~Juni 

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@JuniSihombing 

Unfortunately, I doubt if the product team will accept any enhancement ideas to FSM6.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Shneor Cheshin,

ahh… It’s so unfortunate!

But let’s hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Cheers,

~Juni