Solved

PSO - Showing the reason for Absence

• 24 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

In PSO when an absence is booked in IFS Cloud it feeds through to PSO as Unavailable. Is there a way of expanding this to show the reason for the absence or is the only option we have is Unavailable?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 24 March 2023, 16:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @ZEPWAYNEH 

The only option at the moment is to have the description as Unavailable in the Workbench for unavailabilities created as a Misc. Resource Allocation.

We are aware of this request to view more detailed information and are planning to allow for this in coming releases.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @ZEPWAYNEH , have a look at the document that I posted here: IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (22R2) | IFS Community The chapter “Resource unavailability/absence” explains the necessary configuration steps and brings you to this visualization:

Badge +3

Hi @ZEPWAYNEH , have a look at the document that I posted here: IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (22R2) | IFS Community The chapter “Resource unavailability/absence” explains the necessary configuration steps and brings you to this visualization:

Hi Alexander,

This is great document thanks for sharing!

Badge +3

Hi @Alexander Heinze 

I have tried the solution you proposed (great document by the way so thanks for that) but in PSO still shows that the absence and unavailable.

We are using IFS cloud 22r2. is this a later development or could I missing a step 

any help is appreciated 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Alexander Heinze 

I have tried the solution you proposed (great document by the way so thanks for that) but in PSO still shows that the absence and unavailable.

We are using IFS cloud 22r2. is this a later development or could I missing a step 

any help is appreciated 

Are you using HR absence or Miscellaneous Resource Allocations? For the latter, the description will not show up, but we will fix that in 23R1.

Badge +3

Hi

we are using HR absence.

every time we enter an absence of any reason it comes though as unavailable.

Do you know if we need to change anything in the PSO side?

I will have a look at the data files tomorrow to see what IFS is passing to PSO  

Badge +3

Think i got this working now.

So we need to make a 1 to 1 relationship between wage codes and absence types to get this pulling through to PSO with the correct data.

I plan to test more tomorrow and will feedback 

Thanks for your help