IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (22R2)

• 6 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I wanted to share this document about scheduling in IFS Cloud covering PSO/ASO, Dispatch Console, and Appointment Booking. 

This is NOT an official IFS document, however it was created in collaboration with R&D and there is work going on to release something similar with the product itself. Hence my ask - if you have corrections, feedback, ideas - please do share so we can incorporate them.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Alexander Heinze  unrelated but is there a similar concept document for the mobile aspect of IFS Cloud?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I’m actually working on one, but it is not (yet) as mature as the scheduling doc. If someone wants a draft and promises me input/feedback ;-) please send a DM.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your help but I am still unable to figure what I am missing. I don’t need any scheduling resources, shifts etc, just a simple screen that loads the resources in dispatch console. As of now, I just need resources to be loaded here.

What is PSO? I just needs dispatch console.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Even for dispatch console you need to create a very simple dataset (to list the relevant site(s) ), resources and generate shifts for them, otherwise you won’t see anything. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Very clear and useful document. thank you for sharing

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Alexander Heinze  do you know if there are any plans for locationless activities to work properly in a future release?

Userlevel 7

@Alexander Heinze  do you know if there are any plans for locationless activities to work properly in a future release?

I know. There are plans, but at the very earliest 23R2 and if not, 24R1. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

For the readers of this post - if just created a new post with the 23R1 version of the document: 

IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R1) | IFS Community

Badge +2

This doc is very useful and thanks for sharing.