Question

Integration Schedule Types

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Dear FSM experts,
I’m seeking out documentation that explains the type of schedules displayed in the Integration Scheduling Wizard.

• Process File
  • Process I-Table
  • Process Explicit Transaction
  • Process Attachment
  • Process External Datasource 
  • Process HTTP Request 
  • Process (S)FTP Upload 
  • Process (S)FTP Download 

While the FSM Connect Guide explains the setup procedure for each type, it doesn’t mention information on when to use each type and the best scenarios for their application. Your insights and responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,
Isora Dolage

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Isora Dolage ,

Just highlighting merely the idea behind these processes on a high level for your information.

Process File - Listens to a folder and if there is a text based file (i.e. csv, excel) available in that folder which we need to process, fsm will pick up that file and process it / import accordingly into FSM.

Process I-Table - Will take messages from a specific inbound staging table

Process Explicit Transaction - This triggers FSM XML API transactions like INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, MPM messages/Perform, Outbound integrations

Process Attachment - This is similar as process file schedule type, but the difference is when we drop in attachments like pdf, images (which are not text based) into a specific folder, we just import those files as attachments and then we link them to a parent record in FSM. In other words, we are not processing the context of the file like process file, we just import the file as an attachment.

Process External Datasource - This runs a query on an external database to process a response.

Process HTTP Request - An http listener to stage the messages. This is obsolete now AFAIK.

Process (S)FTP Upload - Listens to a folder for file(s) that are moved / uploaded and processes the file as an upload in FTP or SFTP mode.

Process (S)FTP Download - Similar to upload, we can listen to a remote folder in FTP or SFTP to process the file(s) into FSM. i.e . process a csv file

Badge +1

Hi @SAMLK , thank you for sharing your knowledge!