Question

Installation of FSM Mobile in iOS

• 17 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Everyone,  

For my Project Purpose I need to install FSM Mobile in to my Mobile, but iOS doesn't support FSM mobile Application so can I expect the solution of Installation of FSM Mobile in to iOS?

Thanks & Regards,

M P Shashank

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Shashank, 

With referring to the information you have shared, it’s like that you are not able to install FSM application to your mobile device. With that understanding I’m sharing bellow information with you hoping that it will help you.

** QUOTE **

To use FSM Mobile for iOS, it is required to purchase and install an SSL certificate onto the web server where the Mobile Service is installed. The mobile components of FSM are installed using the FSM Installer. Prior to installing FSM, the specific hardware and software requirements of each platform such as OS versions supported, database versions supported, Device requirements, etc must be met.

For the iOS client , the following aspects are considered to be specific ;

iOS 7 or upwards will be supported by FSM mobile.

The App Store or other supported method should be chosen to make the FSM for iOS app available for the device users.

To make the FSM Mobile app available for iOS users one of the following must be done :

• Upload the client to an App Store, such as the Apple App Store, the Apple Enterprise App store, or any other third-party App Store.
  • Use a mobile device management solution to deploy the app straight forwardly, such as AirWatch, SOTI or MobileIron

The rest of the installation steps are then as standard:

1)Select the option to install the FSM mobile service and click Next.

2)Browse to and select the correct endpoint file. It is located where Smart Client deployer has been installed.

3)Fill the field labels and example information and click next.

4)Provide the client/server communication settings information.

5)Provide the mobile service communications settings. Click next.

6)Installation is completed. Click finish

** UNQUOTE ***

SOURCE:

FSM-ios | IFS Community

What Steps Need to be Followed to Deploy FSM Mobile on iOS | IFS Community

USEFUL LINKS :
Distributing iOS Apps to multiple Countries. | IFS Community

Thanks and Best Regards,
Tharindu R

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

The information quoted from the other thread by @Tharindu Rasnakawewa is a few years out of date.  Please review the DEPLOY FSM FOR IOS and INSTALL/UPGRADE FSM FOR IOS sections of the Install/Upgrade Guides available from the Help menu in the FSM Web/Smart client.