IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R1)

• 12 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Following the positive feedback for "Scheduling demystified (22R2)" I have updated the document for the latest IFS Cloud release. 40% more pages, all new features plus some troubleshooting help. 

Again, this is NOT an official IFS document, however it was created in collaboration with R&D and there is work going on to release something similar with the product itself. Hence my ask - if you have corrections, feedback, ideas - please do share so we can incorporate them.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Great work @Alexander Heinze. Thanks for this!

Badge +3

@Alexander Heinze  

I’m currently setting up the dispatch console and come across this post when trying to get some guidance on the basic data set up.  

Unfortunately I can’t open the link’s you’ve posted.  Could you please repost the link? 

Also, can the Dispatch Console be used separately to PSO?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Strange, the link still works for me. Can you send me a PN with your email?

And yes, DC does not require PSO.

Badge +4

@Alexander Heinze , Thanks for sharing lovely document, it is very informative.

Alexander, in document above it says “Registered at: Resource Management>Resource Misc. Allocations>Miscellaneous Resource Allocations. Need to be approved before sending them to PSO. Alternatively, they can also be registered from the Dispatch Console.”

However in our 23R1 system we see Miscellaneous Resource Allocations even with Pending Approval status are sent in PSO, is there some additional configuration needed in IFSCloud/PSO to make sure only approved status is sent to PSO?

Thanks in advance for information.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You are right and I check with R&D that this is the expected behavior. Have updated the next version of the document to say:

MRAs are sent to PSO immediately (even before approval) to make sure that the resources' time is blocked as quickly as possible when they become unavailable. 

Badge +3

Another great document

Thank you very much 

Badge +2

Great work! Thanks you @Alexander Heinze 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The 23R2 version is out now: IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R2) | IFS Community