IFS Cloud - Next-Generation Service Management demystified (23R2)

• 5 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This is the 2nd release of NGSM Demystified, which now includes everything that was added in 23R2.

165 pages cover:

• Introduction to Next-Generation Service Management (NGSM)
  • Request management
  • Request Contracts
  • Warranties
  • Service organizations, user groups, and resources
  • SLA Management
  • Activity Types
  • Scheduling Activity Types
  • Service catalog and standard tasks
  • Recurring Services
  • Location data
  • Availability Patterns
  • Skills
  • Miscellaneous Resource Allocations
  • Brands, Object Families, and Models
  • Service Object
  • Structured Failure Management
  • Service Notes
  • Event Management
  • Task Bundling

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Demystified Trilogy, IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R2) and IFS Cloud - MWO Service demystified (23R2).

4 replies

Badge +6

Thank you very much, @Alexander Heinze!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Alexander Heinze 

I just finished reading the NGSM manual.  It is a huge timesaver to find when key new features are introduced and what they now do compared to the previous version.  I had to prepare a presentation for an existing customer and from this document I can easily summarize the key features that should be the focus of their implementation, for phase 1.   For someone like me who is relatively new to IFS Cloud (compared to 20+ years with Astea Alliance), I bemoaned the lack of clarity about the features in each version, even after going through 449 slides.  This document is the new high water mark for how releases should be documented.  🙌

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

hi @Alexander Heinze 

Is it posssible to use preventive maintenance with Next-Generation Service Management

because PM action generate workorder/worktask. is there a way to generated periically service task ?

Preventive maintenance could be processed using : Recurring service ?  

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@djedaiB You use PM Actions with Work Order management and Recurring Services with Requests.