Solved

How To View Record Count On Screen Tab

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hello,

I created a custom screen with 5 tabs all coming from custom tables linked to the main custom table for this screen. All of the tabs below reflect that. The issue is that all the tabs will show a record count above the tab except the ‘Accessories’ tab. The ‘Location Information’ tab just has informational fields in it and not records.

I have matched up all custom metadata fields to mirror the attachment tab as well as the primary key field. I have looked through the UI designer properties of both the tab and the primary key field to make sure they match. I have made sure the datatypes match up between parent and child tables.

Does anyone have any further ideas I can try to get that number to show above the ‘Accessories’ tab?

icon

Best answer by GDFMNICHOLS 11 April 2023, 18:50

View original

1 reply

Badge +5

I ended up just deleting and re-adding the tab and the number started to show up. I know a List View tab is required for this. The initial table you link to is very important (when you add the first field - it will link that as the primary table), and if that is done incorrectly, it could cause weird behavior.

There is some more information on the user documentation that lays this out.