Solved

FSM: Use client script sql in Data Source Designer

• 25 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Could it be, that Client Script Sql in FSM does not work yet? I can not get it up and running and there is no documentation for it.

icon

Best answer by Jon Reid 28 November 2019, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

yes it works - we use it in baseline as well as for customer scripts.   what version are you running and what specifically are you trying to do?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Jon, That is great to hear. I am running version 6.3. I just would like to see it working as a proof of concept, which is hard because there is no specific documentation about this. What I am trying to do is creating a new Data Source from the Data Source Designer of the type “Script”. From there I have to fill in a ‘Script ID’. I expect this field should be filled in with the Client Script Sql ID of a Client Script Sql (just a guess, because again there is no documentation that describes this feature). Then I expected that I could run a preview in the preview window and that in this window should appear some data coming from my custom sql statement in my Client Script Sql.

However it only shows a column named “return” with no data. 

The Client Script Sql contains a simple sql statement like:

select person_id from person

So I expected the Data Source should give me then all the records of the column person_id of the table person. I kept it really simple, because at first I just would like to see it work, as I already mentioned.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

The client script data source in Lobby refers to a client script you would create in Studio->Client Scripts.   The Client Script SQL screen identifies a SQL statement called by the GetDBValue() method within a client script.    So you would need to create a client script then call your TEST client script sql within your script like this:

var personIDs = getDBValue('TEST');

You don’t have a WHERE clause on your client script SQL so I’m not sure what you’re expecting - the list of person ids could be quite large in customer databases.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks Jon,

Is it also possible to display the result of the Data Source in a list element from the element designer? For example. Show me a list of all personid’s.

I Am trying this in the Metrix demo environment so there are a limited records in the Person table. I am just doing this for a proof of concept matter.