Solved

FSM UI Desginer Default Field Value Based Upon Otheer Field

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

In the UI Designer, how can i make a field default to the value of another field. i.e. on the Project Screen i want field PERSON_ID_OWNER to default to CREATED_BY, i have putting the field path in the default value field but it just prints the path and not the value?

its important that it populates as soon as they hit the ‘New’ button so that they onlty need to change it if it needs to be a different value

icon

Best answer by Atheeq Maharoof 8 November 2021, 14:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MartinF ,

Following is an approach you can use to achieve your requirement in the Web Client. 

Initially create the following the client script

Client Script

Script -

var currentDes = getControlValue("project","project_title");
if (currentDes == null) {
    var person =  getUserInfo('personId');
    setControlValue("project","person_id_owner",person);
}

Bind the above script with the  screen events of the customized project screen.

Screen Events - Project

Following is the output when you login through STUDIO user, the owner is fetched. 

Final output

Logic behind the client script - The client script will be triggered every time the page data loads .To make sure that the script is triggered for the “NEW” scenario, the “if” condition is added to the peoject_title/description which is a required field. Therefore this fetching will be performed when creating a new project. 

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Atheeq

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof 

Thanks for the detailed reply. We need to do it in the smart client however, will the same solution work there too?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MartinF ,

The same approach will work for smart client as well. I did not try it out. Following are the some the places to be looked at when implementing the approach.

• The Client type should include Smart Client
  • In order to get the person_id use - getUserInfo("PersonID"); (In the client script guide it has been mentioned in this manner)

Hope this answer helps 

Best Regards,
Atheeq