Solved

FSM-Repair Center

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can someone tell me what is non part usage disposition?Where to use this concept in our FSM application.One sample data will be good to understand the concept.

icon

Best answer by Aaron.Sleight 6 May 2020, 16:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

There is nothing called “Non Part Usage Disposition” in FSM.

There are the following:

1. Part Usage - this is used to record the parts usage against a request, task or RMA.  These result in inventory transactions (i.e. taking the used parts out of stock when the usage is recorded).  These can also result in billable lines being added.
  2. Non Part Usage - this used to record non-inventory items (e.g. labor, misc expenses, etc).  There are no inventory transactions related to these lines, but they can also result in billable lines being added to the repair.
  3. Part Disposition - this is used to facilitate the return of items back to a warehouse or repair center.  An example of this would be if you are replacing a battery in an item you are repairing.  When you pull the old battery out, you need to return it to some location so that it can be properly disposed of or refurbished.

There are much more detail for all of these that can be found in the FSM Reference Guide.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear Aaron,

Thanks a lot for your response.Actually i found this term in one of the course slide of FSM so just wanted to know what really it is. I think it must be printing mistake.Now i am clear about this.

Thanks,

Pinmaya