Solved

FSM - Portuguese translation for Custom Metadata - Message Translation

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a requirement of including Portuguese translation for some users. I am planning to perform the following:

• Create message translations for all the custom metadata fields
  • Create message translations for all global codes
  • Create message translations for all code tables
    • Can you confirm if this can be done for all code tables together or must they be done individually?
  • Create message translations for all the mobile labels
  • Also please advise if I am missing anything else.
icon

Best answer by Aaron.Sleight 25 March 2021, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @MatAntoiF -

First, we have a baseline message translation for Brazil-Portuguese that you may strongly consider using as a starting point.  There is not a Portugal-Portuguese message translation that we supply standard, but the BR-PT may get you most of the way there.

As far as custom message translations go, if you are starting with the baseline Portuguese (Brazil) message set, then you would just need to create custom versions of any messages that you want to change.  Those may be used for field labels, code tables, mobile fields, screen names, menu options, descriptions, etc, but it doesn’t really matter what they are used for -- you will still need to consider all of the ones that are visible in the parts of the software that you are using.  I’m not sure I completely understand your question about one or all code tables.  If you are asking what I think, then again, it is really not a matter of needing to go through each code table, but start with the messages themselves.  Some messages may be used across several code tables and others may be used on only a single code table.

Also, if you have introduced any brand new custom messages (i.e. there is no baseline message with that id and message type), then make sure to provide a message translation for all languages you intend to support for those as well.

I hope that helps.  If you need any more clarification, just ask.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

We need to translate all custom data to Portuguese as this data doesn't translate when user is set to Portuguese. I just want the list of places to look that would need additional translating above the standard FSM message translations. We did not create message ID's for all the new custom metadata, code tables, global codes etc. So I just wanted a guidance on where to look for data that would need translating. I have looked into the custom metadata, global codes and code tables. What else would I need to look into translating?