Solved

FSM Parts and PSO activity assignation

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 17 replies

In our business model service engineers can pick billable parts from warehouses managed by FSM and give it to the customer in service location.

The part needs is managed in FSM with task templates.

What we expect is:

Before assigning an activity PSO must check the part needs in the activity, check the availability in a warehouse where service engineer can pick part from, and finally assign the activity to the correct service engineer.

is that possibile ? How we have to configure person and places in FSM and what in PSO ?

In case in which we have to configure the van stock of service engineer equals to the warehouse (in order to let pso to check availability) is possible to configure FSM Mobile App to not show the stock of the entire warehouse but only the real van stock of service engineer ?

thanks and regards

lf

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 3 January 2023, 10:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AWLF,

This question is too complex to answer fully in the forums. It would be best to directly engage with IFS to work through the specifics of this issue to resolve satisfactorily.

That being said there are a couple of notes to make:

PSO will only be able to use the information that it has been sent to determine the routes. It will not do a call back to FSM during the routing calculation so the information will need to already be available in PSO.

Sending too much information over to PSO quickly causes a lot of slow down and even timeouts so I would do as much of the part location and available technician calculations in FSM and then mark the locations/technicians with a field somehow in FSM (skill, status e.g.) and then send just that to PSO.

If you do not want certain information showing to the mobile technician on their device you can either filter that data in the mobile design or (preferred method as it lowers data transfer) amend the sync rule relating to that data table so that it filters on that wanted data at that point.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +6

Hi @AWLF,

This question is too complex to answer fully in the forums. It would be best to directly engage with IFS to work through the specifics of this issue to resolve satisfactorily.

That being said there are a couple of notes to make:

PSO will only be able to use the information that it has been sent to determine the routes. It will not do a call back to FSM during the routing calculation so the information will need to already be available in PSO.

Sending too much information over to PSO quickly causes a lot of slow down and even timeouts so I would do as much of the part location and available technician calculations in FSM and then mark the locations/technicians with a field somehow in FSM (skill, status e.g.) and then send just that to PSO.

If you do not want certain information showing to the mobile technician on their device you can either filter that data in the mobile design or (preferred method as it lowers data transfer) amend the sync rule relating to that data table so that it filters on that wanted data at that point.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Good day and thx for the reply.

The scariest part for me (maybe cause i did not understand deeply how it works) is:

One of the first basic pillar of ever Field Service is:

If i have the part needed to execute a job + available SE → I can execute the job

If i have not the part needed  + available SE -> I can not execute the job

In my experience I seen activities done without the official skills of SE…. but never seen a job completed without the part needed to complete the job...

The question is:

PSO checks If SE are available → goody, skills → good, ….

But how does PSO checks in my warehouses if the parts are available to execute every single job?

If i have the correct part in my Warehouse i can give it to SE and his van stock… 

But again: the parts in warehouses are the first thing to check to determine the feasibility of a service job!!!

Maybe if we’re lucky a part can be in the van stock of SE. But parts, normally, stays in warehouses not in VAN! why PSO thinks to find part in van by default?

How much bigger are PSO VAN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AWLF,

That was what I was referring to regarding having FSM do the work. You should be able to set up a check on the FSM side that will not clear the task for PSO if there are required parts on the task but none available. How exactly that would work would depend on the specific requirements but the general idea is, let FSM determine if the part is available and then let PSO determine the technician and routes.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +6

Hi @AWLF,

That was what I was referring to regarding having FSM do the work. You should be able to set up a check on the FSM side that will not clear the task for PSO if there are required parts on the task but none available. How exactly that would work would depend on the specific requirements but the general idea is, let FSM determine if the part is available and then let PSO determine the technician and routes.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Got IT!

That is what i’m looking for ! 

let FSM determine if the part is available and then let PSO determine the technician and routes

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

In PSO, part management is always happening connected to the Resource i.e. whether a Part is available for a resource (can be in warehouse, van stock or at a depot). If we take warehouse, its stock should be end up as a stock record to Resource saying this much of the part is available for this particular resource. This can be done in baseline FSM-PSO solution but PSO is not doing calls back to FSM to check the status of warehouse. Should be the other way around. FSM can update the stock levels available for Resource and when it they are utilizing, stock levels will be reduced and allocations will be restricted by PSO. Any changes to Warehouse stocks, PSO should be updated with that info. 

Badge +6

Good day, i’m not sure the received replies are agreeing each other.

Let’s speak a little more pratically:

Primary objective let PSO checks parts in “Warehouse where SE can pick” and committ activities if and only if parts are available in “Warehouse where SE can pick”.

Secondary objective:  let FSM Mobile to make the “SE” see only the part of his “VAN of SE”, to mark as given to customer. ( we do not need to track parts after installation, it’s like a sell, we do not mantain info on products and parts installed )

Configuration of places for person “SE”:

Task Template of 1349,1353,1346 activities, part needs focus:

As shown in image, we have a billable part(PART-ABC) automatically generate as part needs everytime we istanciate an activity of this task template.

Stock Status before Committment:

Warehouse:

Van stock of SE:

PSO Committment:

Activities will be committed IF and only IF parts to execute activity 1349,1353 and 1356 are available in “Wharehouse where SE can pick”

Considering that parts are available (4) in Warehouse where SE can pick, we expect the committment can be done.

The stock will be updated accordingly.

Where i’m missing?