Solved

FSM Extract - HTTP with authentication

• 25 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’m using the extract functionality in FSM (version 6.6) to post table updates to an HTTP endpoint. This works as expected when using an unauthenticated endpoint. I simply specify the endpoint in the “Extract Address” field and the updates post successfully.

How can I use an authenticated HTTP endpoint (basic authentication) to post extracts?

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 26 May 2021, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @ejbakken,

I believe the extract will simply send to the address and will not allow you to add authentication (unless you are able to declare it in the address path).

You may want to use the audit option instead which functions in much the same way but stores the result in the database. There is an option to update fsm integration as well, you can then set up an integration that does authenticate to trigger on an entry in to the table and send to the desired location.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +2

I ended up setting the Extract Address to “db” and checking “Update FSM Integration”, which writes the XML/JSON to the metrix_integration table. On insert to this table, a business rule invokes perform_outbound_integration, which calls an XML map. The XML map extracts from metrix_integration and sends the XML/JSON to the authenticated endpoint using a message routing rule.