Question

FSM Clientscript looping through Notes on SmartClient

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

On the SmartClient, Is there anway to loop through the notes on a Project (same would apply to Request) within a ClientScript?

For context, i am writing a validation script fired from the pressing the save button on the SmartClient.  I can retrieve the saved notes from the database,  but i want to compare them to the notes that are on the screen to see if any have been updated.  If i use getControlValue() it just returns the values fron the first note in the list.

Secondly, can i create new Tasks and Events from clientscripts on the SmartClient?

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

There have been so many times where I wanted to read list values from the screen in the SmartClent, but I haven't found a way to do it. Like you said it just returns the first value. Client scripts would be much more powerful if this was possible.  It sounds like you could do your validation with a business rule though.

I believe I tested using update/insert commands in the client script sql, but if I remember correctly it just snuck the the data into the database and didn’t trigger business rules or set defaults, etc.  I think you’re better off using a business rule for this as well.