Question

Exception in FSM mobile installation

• 20 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi,

I was trying to setup FSM Mobile via FSM installer for version upd13, however I am getting the below error ultimately. What could possibly cause this error.

EXCEPTION in UpgradeMobileMetadata run.  Message: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

Thank you,

Kasun

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

@Kasun Manuranga 

Hi, one of our partners is facing the exact same issue with FSM6U13. They are using Oracle as DB. None of the DB or FSM Installer log shows any hint, why this error happens. However, the mobil init worked without issues with Windows Mobile Client.
Do you got any feedback from FSM PD, if this is a bug or what is causing it?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@roklde ,

This seems to be a Bug. I didnt try to reach RnD as when I tried FSM6U14, it did work without the same issue.

Better consult RnD if this continue to happen

/Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Thanks for your feedback, Kasun.

As they will anyway go for the last update soon, I won’t bother for now and see if that will solve it as well. Guess, reporting to RND isn’t required if it’s fixed for the later releases (or what do you think @Phil Lamerton @Lee Pinchbeck ?).

However, it’s strange to get this “error” message.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I haven’t seen this error before.  What I would expect to see in the Run Status Description is something like:

Mobile metadata upgrade started at: 2021-08-25 08:07:04 ... [Retain Sync Rules = True] / [Upgrade Designer = True]

Initial Sync Rule Build is 730007900.  Initial Designer Build is 730007900.
Will now attempt to upgrade to Build 730007907, depending on flag values provided.

Since it’s not showing the starting build info, looks like it’s failing early.  Check the content of mm_upgrade_track (select * from mm_upgrade_track).