Solved

CFG and UAT 2 IFCloud integrating with 1 ASO/PSO

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

We are sharing 1 PSO(TST) environment between  2 IFSCLOUD (CFG1 AND UAT1) 22R2

However when we connect the second environment, first environment is down and vise versa.

Both CFG1 AND UAT1 should be working in parallel however currently not working due to sync.We need to disconnect first system, as system sees PSO Account ID (xxxx) is already connected and does not allow second instance.

We see in machine learning configuration PSO Account ID is same for 2 IFS Cloud CFG1/UAT1. In PSO parameters OpenIdAuthority is different for CFG AND UAT.

Currently we are not able to find this documentation in ifsdocs ie  connecting 2 IFS cloud instances to 1 PSO instance and would appreciate any pointers, as we are aware there is standard need and many others have similar setups.

icon

Best answer by roklde 20 March 2023, 13:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Bhanwar,

I found a way to get over this by using child organizations. For example, we have two child organizations in our PSO environment: QAS, DEV; we connected each with their counterpart IFS Cloud environment. As you are ware, each child organizations has their own set of Parameters. Thus, allowing different sets of OpenID Authority settings.

Hope that helps!

Best regards
Roman

Badge +4

Hi Roman, Thanks for your time sharing the thought.

When i check in our PSO, we don’t see option to create child under organization,  and we only see one organisation

Can you please advice how can we create Organisation? Is this done via ifs ticket or we can do as admin, currently option is missing? 

Thank you in advance

Bhanwar

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Bhanwar,

I believe you are an IFS Managed Cloud customer and thus the PSO parent (“DEFAULT”) organization is managed by our Cloud Team. You only have access to your child organization in that case. I’m not sure if you are able to request the setup of a new child organization in your PSO environment but you may want to raise a ticket for our Cloud team to get that clarified.

Setting up a new child organization also involves creating a new PSO license file for that particular child organization, which also needs to be checked by them. As said, I’m not quite sure if this is part of the standard Managed Cloud offering.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards
​​​​​​​Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Bhanwar,

Just to clarify. It’s not possible to point multiple IFS Cloud environments to the same PSO account. This is because when PSO is integrated with IFS Cloud then the authentication is made through IFS Cloud. Each PSO account authenticates back to exactly one IFS Cloud environment via the OpenID settings.

It’s possible on the other hand to have multiple PSO accounts for the same IFS Cloud environment. This allows scaling the configured datasets to different PSO accounts, for example to use separate PSO accounts for Service Management and for Manufacturing. 

Best regards,

Claes

Badge +4

Thank you for sharing details.