Solved

Tailoring LOV pulldown contents?

• 19 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Consider the following example:

Yes, I know I can use Find to filter on more attributes than are displayed here, but if I would like to see the Document Title in the LOV pulldown (instead of Description1 which is displayed by default) could I achieve this through Page Designer or would that require a modification?

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 19 August 2022, 13:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hoi Toine!

For sure a question I want to know the answer on.

But this specific situation sounds a little like a bug. I could not think over why you see the descriotion1 field here and not the title. So hopefully they see this as a bug and change this to title in the standard.

Remains the question if it is possible to change this via the page designer or not:)

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ToBeNL 

It is possible to change the fields in there with page designer. Open page designer and go to content > tabs > go to “consists of” tab and go to content again. Then go to Document no filed and open LOV. Here you need to edit the Selector. Open it and then you can add or delete fields.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @ToBeNL ,

The contents of dropdown lists can be modified through the page designer.

1. Attribute Document No is of type referenced. It should be bound to a selector. For custom fields, this selector is created automatically when you add the field on a page (prefixed with CPEGEN).

2.  The contents of the selector can be customised the same way you would customise a list.

Results :

Regards,

Trishen

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi guys,

Thanks both for your swift responses! I should have been able to figure this out myself and to be honest I was 99% there, I just didn't drill down to the selector for some reason…

Thanks again, works a treat!

BR/Toine

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

But this specific situation sounds a little like a bug. I could not think over why you see the descriotion1 field here and not the title. So hopefully they see this as a bug and change this to title in the standard.

I tend to agree. Description 1 might be used by some, but that should be very few. The title is in most cases what is most important to show. This could be something done for better performance, I cannot say, but we should look into it.

If you file a support case we can look into it for a later release.