Solved

Office Add In in IFS 10

• 21 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Everyone

Please see below test case

1. Successful installation of   Document Management Office Add-In 64 bit version

2.. Suppose you already logged into IFS EE client from your desired user

3.  Then you go to, for example outlook, select an email with attachment and select the option to save the mail with attachment 

Even though you already logged into IFS EE, it launch the Application again and prompt the login dialog box , 

a) Is this the default behavior of the feature? or can we change it to use the already open IFS EE and prompt the docman dialog to attached the document 

b) even though google chrome is my default browser , it launch the application ( when you use office add in) via Microsoft edge , is this also as expected.

Thanks in advance

Kr

Amila

icon

Best answer by AmilaF 31 July 2023, 10:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think it should try to reuse an already running IEE instance, but it will only do it if it was started using a URL (http...) If IEE is started from a network share it will start a new instance.

Chrome cannot start ClickOnce applications (which the add-in is), so Windows will use Edge (or Internet Explorer before that was dropped).

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I think it should try to reuse an already running IEE instance, but it will only do it if it was started using a URL (http...) If IEE is started from a network share it will start a new instance.

Chrome cannot start ClickOnce applications (which the add-in is), so Windows will use Edge (or Internet Explorer before that was dropped).

Thank you @Mathias Dahl I can confirm in our case it is set to start IFS using URL, but unfortunately it starting new instance every time instead of using already running instance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@AmilaF what is your setting in Options for ‘Open links from another program’? When set to Start a new Enterprise Explorer I will get a new instance asking for login credentials. When set to Reuse current window, Edge will open and ask if I want to open the file from the server but the original instance of EE will be used.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@AmilaF what is your setting in Options for ‘Open links from another program’? When set to Start a new Enterprise Explorer I will get a new instance asking for login credentials. When set to Reuse current window, Edge will open and ask if I want to open the file from the server but the original instance of EE will be used.

@matt.watters 

Many Thanks, indeed that was the trick, thanks for pointing it out 

kr
Amila