Question

Media Archive no longer in IFS Cloud from 22R2?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Archive media items is available in 21R2, but no longer in 22R2?

@Mathias Dahl would  you know about this?

( I know Media items are not part of DocMan, but I couldn't find any “Enterprise” topic ...)

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes it has removed with the introduction of File Storage Service. The below is the announcement in 22R2 Release Notes. 

“” 3.3 Removed Functions
The following functions have been removed in this release:
3.3.1 IFS Media Archive
IFS Media Archive functionality is used to store media files in a customer-owned Azure storage account for set archiving criteria. Since IFS Cloud File Storage becomes a generic capability from IFS 21R2 release, IFS Media Archive functionality has been removed from IFS 22R2 release onwards.””””” 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Mayura, just to make sure: this means that from 21R2 onwards I can store media items on a seperate file storage outside the Oracle database while all functionality regarding media items stay the same? In the technical documentation I read “File Storage is only supported in IFS managed cloud deployments”. So, what would be the way to store media items when IFS Cloud is hosted via third party?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Mayura, just to make sure: this means that from 21R2 onwards I can store media items on a seperate file storage outside the Oracle database while all functionality regarding media items stay the same? In the technical documentation I read “File Storage is only supported in IFS managed cloud deployments”. So, what would be the way to store media items when IFS Cloud is hosted via third party?

Hi again.

Yes, from 21R2 onwards, we can store media items on a separate file storage outside the Oracle database while keeping all the functionality regarding media items same. There is a basic data setting to be done to select the repository type. 

PS : Transferring media between DB to File Storage (vice versa) is also supported.

Btw, as you read it correctly, this is a limited to IFS managed cloud in 21R2. However this limitation will be lifted soon in 23R1 or 23R2 release. 

Badge +4

TO:

Btw, as you read it correctly, this is a limited to IFS managed cloud in 21R2. However this limitation will be lifted soon in 23R1 or 23R2 release. 

Does anyone know if the external storage of media files is now available in 23R1 ?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes, it is available now with 23R1 release.

Badge +4

Thanks, do you know how it is configured? What do I have to do to make it work.

Thank you very mauch!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please read through the IFS Technical Documentation for FS. For example , 

IFS Cloud File Storage for Remote - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Badge +4

Again, thank you, great

Is there something to do in IFS Cloud itself? Any configuration?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Again, thank you, great

Is there something to do in IFS Cloud itself? Any configuration?

Check this please.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/020_lifecycle/100_file_storage_service/#setup_file_storage

Badge +4

May be there is a misunderstanding? We want to store photos and media data externaly. The change of the Object Properties makes sense to me. But what has document management to deal with is ? Media items are not stored via document management, do they?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do not mix up Document settings and Media settings. IFS File storage is capable of handle both media and document files separately. If you only interested to store photos and media data, then only use the media settings.

Hope this will clear up the misunderstandings.

Badge +4

Unfortunately not, because in the explanation in 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/020_lifecycle/100_file_storage_service/#setup_file_storage

the second IFS Cloud screen shot shows the Repositories page in the document management and requests a document class. I do not see the connection to media. Is this requested document class just a dummy, because here the repository for media with FILE STORAGE is only defined, but been used in all media tabs in the Attachments Group on many Pages at the buttom?

Badge +4

to: If you only interested to store photos and media data, then only use the media settings.

How?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

to: If you only interested to store photos and media data, then only use the media settings.

How?

Just ignore or skip the settings in the second IFS Cloud screen shot (for Repositories). Only set the Object Properties.