Solved

IFS integration for Document Signing

• 24 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

@Mathias Dahl 

One of our customers has a requirement where they need to sign a document and forward it to another party. Subsequently, the other party is required to sign the document and return it to IFS.

We are currently exploring integration options with a digital signature solution similar to DocuSign. I understand that this integration is under consideration.

1. Could you provide information on whether a similar functionality will be included in the upcoming release?
  1. Additionally, if we intend to integrate IFS with DocuSign as a customer modification, are there any available resources or details that we can refer to?

Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 24 August 2023, 10:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Thanks for asking here.

We are planning for integrating IFS Document Management with a large "esign" provider in 23R2 or 24R1. Look out for news on this when we release 23R2 in a few month's time.

If you want to take on doing something like this yourself, I'm afraid we don't have any information prepared for you that would help out.

Good luck!

Badge +2

Thank you @Mathias Dahl 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Mathias Dahl did this come in 23R2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Why don’t you check here? :)

https://www.ifs.com/-/media10/project/ifs/ifs/assets/ifs_fs_whats_new_in_ifs_cloud_23r2_11_23.pdf

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Why don’t you check here? :)

https://www.ifs.com/-/media10/project/ifs/ifs/assets/ifs_fs_whats_new_in_ifs_cloud_23r2_11_23.pdf

Thanks @Mathias Dahl, I did check on IFS-Cloud-Roadmap---Fall-23---Spring-24.pdf originally, but I just did a search for eSign.  is the section below about Asset Management speaking on behalf of the eSign you were speaking of earlier?

“Enterprise Asset Management Experience fast, efficient document signing with electronic signatures. Securely send, track, and store digitally signed documents for a variety of purposes, such as contracts, inspection documents, work order parts, or inventory records. (Asset Management)”

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@ctaylor56 Yes, that's the place.

Honestly, and as an IFS employee, I think it was harder than it should be to find that information. IFS/R&D is preparing a lot of "news material" (presentations, recordings/videos, training material) but it seems we still have a way to go in getting the information out there…

It doesn't help if I say this though, it's better if partners like you, and customers, can tell us that we need to handle this better.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There is an interactive roadmap available here - 

This aligns with the PDF version. Document Management functions do show under Enterprise Asset Management, and this particular feature is titled “Addition of Digital Signing of Documents"

An explanation of this functionality was included in the IFS Showcase release videos for 23R2. I have highlighted that it’s not possible to navigate directly to the specific information of interest and have been informed that smaller bite-sized videos will be released in the new year.