Solved

Document Management Attach Existing

• 16 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In Aurena, when you go ‘My Expense Sheet Details’ and click on ‘Attachments’ then ‘Attach Existing’ command you see all documents that have been attached by anyone, even when they do not relate to expenses.

For example, in the screen shot below I am seeing supplier invoices:

This is a data security issue and I need to understand how to remove them from the list. 

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 24 November 2022, 11:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

How are the permissions associated with your person groups setup relative to each user that is attaching documents?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have set-up an access template using group id Finance (created under person group) which is just a list of employees in the finance department including IFSAPP. 

When a general user goes to expenses, they can see documents with the document class 1801 under attach existing, but they don’t get the option to view the document.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @mlcscottonn ,

Two things you can set besides teh document class:

1. You can define per document class if someone is able to create a document of that document class, this will make teh LOV list smaller while creating documents. You can do this at the persone and groups at teh document class:

Use this tab to enter and enable persons and groups who have access to create documents from a document class. If you do not enter any persons and groups, all the persons will be able to create documents from the document class.

1. RESTRICTED_ACCESS, This setting determines if general information about the document
    should be hidden from Persons without access to it. If Y (yes) is entered, only Persons who have at least View Access will see that a document even exists. If N (no) is selected, Persons without access to the document will be able to see its general information.

This last setting should be set to ‘Y’ in your situation.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

> ...you see all documents that have been attached by anyone, even when they do not relate to expenses.

That's how it is supposed to work. Attachments / Documents is a generic functionality that works more or less the same way regardless of which screen you are in/on. "The system does not know" that is should only show ... well, what documents should it show, if you were to decide? How should it know to only show certain documents?

As Robert said, you can use Restricted Access to completely hide documents from users that does not have access to it. It might solve the problem, or not, depending on how you set up the access on your documents. I would advice against it though, if the scenario above is the sole reason for implementing it. Using Restricted Access might have performance impact, especially for people that need to "list documents".

If you want to make sure a user is not connecting the wrong document to a certain screen, a custom event could stop that. If you really want to hide certain documents from certain users, for sure have a look at the Restricted Access functionality.

This is a data security issue and I need to understand how to remove them from the list. 

In what way? If those documents are really “sensitive” or “secret” or “private”, you have the solution above. If not, it would be great if you could share your view here.

By the way, what's the use case? Why does the user want to attach an existing document (uploaded earlier) to their expense sheet? The common scenario should be that they want to upload some file they have, right? Just trying to understand.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for this information which has now solved the issue going forward.

The next issue is I have loads of documents which have inherited the old set-up, is there a way of updating these documents so they mirror the settings which I have just set-up? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for this information which has now solved the issue going forward.

The next issue is I have loads of documents which have inherited the old set-up, is there a way of updating these documents so they mirror the settings which I have just set-up? 

Thank you.

Hi @mlcscottonn ,

What do you mean with ‘this information which has now solved the issue’? Did you set teh Restricted access?

If so, you can update the document Title with this, see tab Title on the document revision. There you can check the field ‘Restricted access’.

Easiest way to change this is to go to teh window Document Titles, tehn seacrh for teh document for the relevant document classes. RMB on the field Restrcited access / Edit / Find and Replace.

Ther you can say replace ‘0’ by ‘1’ and press OK. Now all the document will be set to Checked after saving this adjsutment.

Hope this is what you were looking for,

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @mlcscottonn ,

Could you be able to resolve the reported issue now? 

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun