Question

Document Management: Approvals - Why does "object info" only work for some logical units and not others?

• 6 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Under Document Management → Approvals, the “object info” rmb option is only available for certain logical units. As an example, it’s either greyed out or absent for PaymentAddress and PartytypeProperty, but it’s there for CustomerInfo.

I’ve had a look under logical units and I can’t see a pattern here. Example: Some of the ones that work have rowkey enabled, others don’t. 

So, does anyone know what the difference is? Even better, is there a way to enable “object info” for LUs where it’s not available?

Thanks in advance... 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Since you write "rmb option" I am going to assume this is about IEE and not Aurena (both clients are quite similar in how this works though).

In IEE, in order for commands like Object Details to work, some form needs to be set as the "home" for a certain LU. IEE will then know the home for that LU, and the Object Details will be enabled and working. This is set in the source code for a form.

If R&D did not set some form as the "home" for a certain LU, I don't think there is anything you can do as a customer apart from filing a support case, asking nicely to get this changed. If there is a good "home" candidate, I think they would fix it. The fix will not be done in Docman, but in the area that owns the home to be.

Good luck!

/Mathias

Badge +2

Hi Mathias,

That makes sense, as the option appears for a custom LU I created, which does have a default form.

Thanks.

Paul