Solved

Document Management

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  1.  When uploading one or multiple documents with specified document class, can system automatically place these documents into a document folder without manually specifying which folder? This means that document folder has been setup to be mapped to a document class.
  2.  Can a user or user group be given access to a Document Folder instead of by Document Class? If yes, once the user logs in, can the user only see the document folder where user has access to?
  3.  Can a person/person group see/filter only the document class that user has access to? 
  4.  Is there a self-service portal for users - with a lobby where they can see only documents, document classes and document folder that user has at least view access?
  5.  Is it possible to see how many/what document views/downloads a user has done?
  6.  Is it possible to define the validity of user access to a document class/folder by person group instead of by person?
  7.  External customer would like to subscribe and view documents, but only document in specific document class or folder they have been given access to. Is it best to do this by giving normal back office access to DocMan or using B2B? Any B2B type of user best to use for viewing general document only (document not connected to objects, stand alone DocMan)?
icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 16 March 2021, 14:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
  1.  When uploading one or multiple documents with specified document class, can system automatically place these documents into a document folder without manually specifying which folder? This means that document folder has been setup to be mapped to a document class.

Not in the standard product. But you can probably make this happen using a custom event. So, in a way, with “configuration”.

1.  Can a user or user group be given access to a Document Folder instead of by Document Class? If yes, once the user logs in, can the user only see the document folder where user has access to?

Not in the standard product. It might be possible to do something with custom events here too, applying a certain access template for example, based on the document folder the document is connected to. I would question why they need this however since there might be other ways to solve the underlying requirement.

1.  Can a person/person group see/filter only the document class that user has access to? 

No. They can see all document classes, but we can restrict who can create documents of a certain class, if needed.

1.  Is there a self-service portal for users - with a lobby where they can see only documents, document classes and document folder that user has at least view access?

No. Have a look at the lobby we added for Aurena. You probably need to create new elements for this customer. Also look into the pages we have under My Documents in Aurena, which are designed to be simple to use and with focus on “my documents”.

1.  Is it possible to see how many/what document views/downloads a user has done?

Yes, in the File Operations Log screen. Why do they want to do it?

1.  Is it possible to define the validity of user access to a document class/folder by person group instead of by person?

Sorry, I don’t understand the question. Probably the answer is no, but you might be able to do it with custom events together with person groups in some way. What does “define the validity of user access” mean?

1.  External customer would like to subscribe and view documents, but only document in specific document class or folder they have been given access to. Is it best to do this by giving normal back office access to DocMan or using B2B? Any B2B type of user best to use for viewing general document only (document not connected to objects, stand alone DocMan)?

Giving external users access to back office Docman is an option, of course, if the access can be provided in a secure fashion. But it is risky since, by default, all users can list all documents in the system (not view them, list them, see that they exist). If that is a problem or not is for the customer to decide.

When it comes to B2B, we don’t have a generic Docman functionality (yet). Docman is supporting the other B2B flows, where you can see attached documents. Perhaps you can use one of the existing flows there in some clever way. I think @anmise ones had some idea about this. Perhaps you can use the B2B contracting flow and equipment object to fake something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. I moved this to the public forum since there was no customer-specific or other sensitive information here. In this way, customers will also be able to benefit from the reply.