Solved

Document Default Value "ATTACH_CREATE_NEW_FORM" in Aurena

• 2 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Is there a way to allow a user to enter a Document Number (or revision number) when they they are creating a new document in Apps 10 Aurena via the “Create New” button?

On the “Document Default Values” screen, there is a setting called “ATTACH_CREATE_NEW_FORM”. The help system states…

This value determines the dialog that will be opened when the New button in the Documents Attachment panel is clicked. Possible values are Create Document AssistantCreate New Document and Create Documents.

We set this to “Create Document Assistant” and this had the expected effect in EE. When we click the “Create New” button in the attachments panel of EE, the “Create Document Assistant” opens and allows the user to specify full details for the document they are creating (e.g. Doc Class, Doc Number, Revision Number, Format, Title, etc.)

However, this setting doesn't seem to have any effect in Aurena at all. When we click the “Create New” button in Aurena, the standard “Create Document” dialogue box is opened (not the Create Document Assistant). The “Create Document” dialogue box allows the user to specify only doc class, Format and Title. It does not allow the user to enter a Doc Number, Revision Number,  Sheet Number, Language Code, or control settings such as Restricted access, Structured doc, etc

The setting on the Document Default Values screen does have an effect in EE, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all in Aurena. Therefore the user has no way to enter a doc number when creating a new doc in Aurena.

Is there any solution to this in Aurena?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 2 March 2022, 11:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Robin, thanks for posting here.

If they want to create the document from Attachments / Documents, it seems we do not yet allow them to manually enter the document number there.

As of now, they need to create the document by opening the mentioned assistant, or creating a new record in the Document Revision page. From the assistant they can then connect the document to the object in one of the steps. In the Document Revision page it can be done under the Objects tab.

We think most users does not care about the document number, so we tried to simplify things a bit. That is why the number field is not there.

I cannot make any promises but I think we could add a Doc No/Document Number field to the Create Document dialog that opens up from Attachments / Documents / Create New command if you file a support case.

Another option is to use “advanced” document numbering for the document class(es), but that only works if the reason the user want to enter the document number manually is that it should conform to a certain pattern.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Mathias Dahl , how do I enable Document Attach tab in Aurena?

Tks alot

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl , how do I enable Document Attach tab in Aurena?

Hi,

This has been discussed several times here I think so I recommend you search for it. Let us know if you cannot find the answer.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Mathias Dahl , how do I enable Document Attach tab in Aurena?

Hi,

This has been discussed several times here I think so I recommend you search for it. Let us know if you cannot find the answer.

Good luck!

Hi @Mathias Dahl , It was a permisstion set projection missing. Tks a lot for attention!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Great! 🙃

Care to share with others what the missing grant was?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Great! 🙃

Care to share with others what the missing grant was?

Sure Thing Sir!

Follow the print:

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Ah, so the DocumentHome projection was missing.

Thanks!