Solved

disallow the addition of an approval step

• 14 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Is it possible to disallow the addition of an approval step when the status of the document revision is "in the approval process" ?  (in Version IFS10)

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 15 June 2023, 05:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

if you clear this flag, then addition of an approval step  is not possible when approval in progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

you can use document default values to control if the Update during Approval option in the Document Revision window should be selected by default or not when saving a new document revision.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dilini.

I’m sorry. My explanation was insufficient.
I already knew that by turning off the "Allow updates during approval" flag, the add button (+ button) for the approval step cannot be pressed.
However, the right-click menu "Approval Template Copy" is still executable.
Is it possible to disable the ability to add an approval step by executing the right-click menu "Approval Template Copy"?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Ryo Asada  I understand your issue

@Asitha Rajapaksha @Mathias Dahl  this seems to be a defect, please confirm.

When we have the flag, adding new approval step and copy approval template is enabled

Update Allowed during approval

When we have this flag cleared, only Add new is disabled, we still can copy an approval template

Update Not Allowed during approval

Copy Approval template also should be disabled when update is not allowed during approval process right? Please give your input.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Dilini Arandara yes this looks like a clear defect. It shouldn't  allow adding new approval template when the document is in approval in progress and update allowed flag is not enabled. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Asitha Rajapaksha  Thank you for the confirmation.

@Ryo Asada Please send us a support ticket to get this fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Agree!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Dear Dilini, Asitha, Mathias 

Thank you so much for your quick judgement.

We’ll send you a support ticket (CASE Registration) !!!

Asada