Solved

Batch transfer of Files background job ends up with error

• 28 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

We are trying to transfer files from a shared location to the db default repository.

When the action is performed online, the transfer excutes correctly without any errors, but when it is executed in the background following error occurs.

Appreciate if anyone can share any ideas as to why only the background job fails and any ways to correct it.

Thank you in advance.

\Nija

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 2 March 2023, 11:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @nija.nt 

Does the issue comes for all the documents in the given shared folder? Also can you open these documents from document revision page without any error?

BR,

Amila

Badge +1

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe, yes the isseu comes from all documents and we can view the documents without any issues from the Document Revision page.

BR,

Nija

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@nija.nt Check the parameter FILE_PATH_FOR_BATCH_TRANSFER under Document Basic > Document Default Values and see if a correct file path inside MWS is given there

Badge +1

@Amila Samarasinghe the parameter is correctly set with a correct file path, but I have some doubt regarding the data set up of repositories, because the error says “Failed to read binary data from Shared Folder: \\host\repo\host\repo\folder\INNX_TEST-1121234-1-A1-1.PNG (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)” 

Can you please check and tell me whether the Repository Path & Path is correct in the above snap?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @nija.nt 

You should keep the column “Repository Address” empty if the repo type is Shared. Try with only the path given as mentioned.

BR,

Amila

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Amila Samarasinghe the parameter is correctly set with a correct file path, but I have some doubt regarding the data set up of repositories, because the error says “Failed to read binary data from Shared Folder: \\host\repo\host\repo\folder\INNX_TEST-1121234-1-A1-1.PNG (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)” 

Can you please check and tell me whether the Repository Path & Path is correct in the above snap?

This does not look right:

\\host\repo\host\repo

It looks like two values are repeated there.

What is the value of the setting Amila mentioned? Is it that path that the error message mention? Are there any copies of files there? Is the share writeable by the user that runs the MWS?

Badge +1

@Amila Samarasinghe @Mathias Dahl the reason was as Amila explained. When the “Repository Address” was set to empty in the Shared Repo, it worked properly.

Thank you very much for your help!

BR,

Nija