Question

Attachments Pane on Supplier Payment Tab

• 5 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

So my company is on apps 10 upd 18 and we are migrating to Cloud here very soon. I have an open ticket right now about an issue that we discovered in Aurena apps 10. We have enabled attachments on the Payment tab of the supplier. We attach various payment information about the vendor here for reference. This said, what we discovered is that once we moved our accounting department over to Aurena, that the attachments weren’t showing up. The reason for this, we’ve discovered is that the attachments pane is only showing “header” level attachments and is no longer contextual to what you’re clicked on. In my ticket, I was told that this is a “limitation of the Aurena interface” and that a work around was to go to “document object connection” to view attached documents. I was also told that this community post was “already opened” but this is a different issue. We have been using attachments on the supplier payment tab for 4 years. Is this a known issue? If so, is there another community post about it because in my companies view, this is a big deal. We should not lose the ability to see any attachments when we move to Aurena.

Clicking on the document object connections and also clicked on the payment tab, it says no attachments but IEE shows 3.

Clicked in header in IEE, no attachments, this is what is expected
clicked in payment tab company field, I can see 3 attachments at the bottom. This is what the attachments pane in Aurena should look like but instead, Aurena has no contextual tab specific attachments.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Anna ,

can you show the object connections of the three documents of your last printscreen? Then we can check wher it is attached to. if I know that, then maybe I can help you on this.

Thanks,

Robert

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey @EqeRobertK 

Document object connections show them attached to “identity pay info”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Anna 

The reason for this, we’ve discovered is that the attachments pane is only showing “header” level attachments and is no longer contextual to what you’re clicked on. In my ticket, I was told that this is a “limitation of the Aurena interface”

This is both right and wrong. It's true that clicking in any part of the page will NOT enable the Attachments / Documents section for where you clicked. But it's also wrong because, lists (I assume it's about a list?) support attachments too in Aurena, via it's own little paperclip icon, so documents cannot just be attached to the header.

Can you show us a screenshot of the full page in Aurena, and the point in it where you expect to be able to see attachments?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey @Mathias Dahl 
I’m clicked on the Supplier > Payment “tab” in Aurena and again, in IEE it shows 3 attachments but in Aurena it shows none because the attachments pane is looking for “supplier info general” attachments which is what I’d call the “header” level attachment versus the Identity payment info which is where these are attached.

Under the Payment “tab” of the supplier (I’m not sure what the verbiage is for these contextual menus in Aurena) it shows no attachments. Breadcrumb trail shows Procurment > Supplier > Supplier >Payment
I have 3 attachments here in IEE. Again, header level is separate from the payment tab level. Aurena does not recognize this and is only showing Supplier Info General Attachments on the Payment “tab” in Aurena.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Mathias Dahl this isn’t a list attachment. This is an attachments pane enabled on the Payment tab of the supplier in IEE. In Aurena, these attachments aren’t enabled. All I have to do to see the attachment is to click on the attachment pane in IEE (as shown in my above screenshots) but in Aurena, regardless of the “tab” that I’m clicked in (I’m not sure the verbiage for what we call the Address, Contact, sub-pages under the supplier, customer, etc now) it only shows “header” level attachments or attachments that are tied to the Supplier Info General view. It looks like Aurena treats these “tabs” as new pages because the breadcrumb trail shows Procurement > Supplier > Supplier > Payment on my screen but again, the attachments are still only looking at the top level when I’m on this Payment page.

I haven’t clicked anywhere in the form in IEE, I’ve only clicked on the tab “Payment” and I can see 3 attachments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Anna Thanks!

I'll move this to the Financials section here on IFS Community since those screens are theirs. I tried to enable document attachments in Aurena for the IdentityPayInfo entity/LU but it did not seem to have any effect on that page (Payment).

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Mathias Dahl, thank you! I hope we can get somewhere with this because I’m basically being told that this is something that isn’t supported in Aurena and would need to be added to the idea wall as a possible enhancement but again, I think they aren’t understanding that this is a separate page all together in Aurena, not a tab. Hopefully someone in the Finance realm can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I reached out to a colleague in the Financials team. I hope they will have a look and reply soon.

In general, most "places" where you can connect documents and other attachment types, is there in Aurena too, but it can happen in the rare case that, because of a redesign, you cannot see those attached documents in their right context anymore. We'll see how it is in this case...

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey @Mathias Dahl, is there anyone that I can reach out to in the Financials team to look at this? My ticket has been closed because the response I got from my ticket was the following:

As a workaround, you can navigate to the Document Object Connection window via the navigator and filter the document. I understand that this process is not efficient as viewing the attachments directly from the supplier payment tab. However, as confirmed by the framework team the feature is not supported currently and it is not possible to develop this via a defect in the support phase.

To address this, I've created an idea in IFS community. Please take a moment to review the thread and contribute any additional ideas for improving the application's efficiency and upvote the thread to signal its importance to R&D. If it receives enough attention, they may consider incorporating it into future application updates.

https://community.ifs.com/ideas/attachments-to-certain-tabs-not-visible-in-attachments-pane-in-aurena-44017

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Sorry, I don't want to shortcut our support process. If you want, ask again, but there is a big risk you will get the same response.

IFS Applications and IFS Cloud and the Aurena/IFS Cloud Web Client framework is different from IFS EE, in this respect and others. In order for you to see your attachments done in IEE, there need to be a page with the object in the header of the page, or in some list (lists support attachments). In your case, IFS has chosen to design things differently this time and as a side effect you don't have as convenient access to your documents anymore. The only solution that they/we/IFS can do is to introduce, say, a simple list page where the objects can be seen and also the attachments.

Did you try the workaround, by the way? Once you learn how to use that (what to search for), it might not be as bad as you think. Perhaps some saved query can help, or even some Bookmarklet (search for that here on IFS Community).