Solved

APPS10 UPD16 - Document management access issues after DOCMAN updates.

• 20 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, after UPD16 deployment, financial, projects and case attachments, are no longer in the “attachments” tab on their corresponding IFS objects. 

Is this a known problem and does anyone know what steps to take to remediate the issue?

We also have problems with several projections which were updated. This can be solves by revoking and regranting the access to them. DOCMAN keeps the grants somewhere else, though. 

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

paul.

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 12 January 2023, 09:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you clarify if the individual attachments disappeared from Attachments / Documents or if the attachment section itself is gone/hidden?

Can you see the attached documents in the Document Object Connections screen?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mathias,

The individual attachments disappeared from the corresponding screens where they were attached. and yes, the attachments themselves can still be filtered/reviewed/downloaded in the Document Object Connections list. They still contain there a lot of metadata (when they were uploaded, by whom etc).

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I can't explain this. It's most probably not a bug in Docman. And, given that there is a problem in several screens, I don't have a theory on what the problem can be. Sometimes a screen changes in ways that "breaks" the attachments, but it's not likely that it would happen with several screens like in your case. I think you should file a support case such that someone can have a look in your environment and see if they can understand where the problem lies.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @DHCRADPA 

I believe you already have a support case for this. The problem was that the underlying LU for these forms have changed from APP9 to APP10.

Ex. SupplierInfo to SupplierInfoGeneral

There are bug fixes with scripts to correct these data.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Aha! Seems I misunderstood what "after UPD16 deployment" meant. It's not just going from Apps 9/10 UPDX to UPD16...

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We’re a “new” customer and started with APPS10 UPD7.last year. 

Nothing like this happened when we upgraded from UPD7 to UPD9 or UPD9 to UPD11. Only now when we did the UPD11 to UPD16 we’ve had issues. 

I indeed opened a case in IFS Service Now and they gave me a script which is usually employed when one updates from APPS9 to APPS10. That seemed to fix Pre-PROD, if there are no “recent” doc approvals which generate duplicate keys somewhere.. All good when it ends good.