Solved

Shipping a consolidated shipment

• 18 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Using IFSapp10 UPD9 with IFS freight Interface.  we have the need to consolidate shipments for a customer.  I am able to add shipments to a consolidated shipment but that seems to be the end of the functionality.  I want one pack list and one deliver id for the consolidated shipment so I can process through one of the supported freight interfaces.  Can this be done?  If so, examples would be great.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 18 April 2022, 20:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Elaineebi ,

We’ve been using consolidated shipments screen for years first in IFS Application 8 now in IFS Application 10 and we’ve never found a way using this screen to have IFS print a single packaging list, bill of lading or delivery note.   From our prospective the consolidated shipment screen is really a convenience screen to group multiple shipments onto one carrier.

We are now changing the one customer we utilize the consolidated shipment screen so that customer does not automatically generate a shipment record when the customer order is released so our shipping department can create a shipment manually when they are ready and include multiple orders on the single shipment thus allow us to print a single pick ticket, bill of lading, packaging list and delivery note.   The new process has been working well in our trail and we will be moving to it shortly.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi William,

Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, that was the assumption I came too.  Not automatically generating a shipment will solve my problem.  If you create a manual shipment you can add whatever that customer has open to it and it will create everything correctly

Elaine