Solved

Reducing Address1 to 30 characters in Apps 9

• 17 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi 

I need to restrict the length of Address1 to 30 characters due to restriction when passing data to myTNT. I think this is possible by editing the address layout per country but cant find where. Address Presentation windows just changes the display size of the fields in the address popup but doesn’t change how many characters can be entered. The Address Setup per Country window also doesnt seem to offer this facility. 

Is it possibe? 

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by AsankaGaru 18 December 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

What you need is the address setup screen. This allows limiting the address rows to a user defined length. For example, I am only allowing 30 characters per address line in supplier addresses.

If I try to enter beyond 30 characters, I get an error like below.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Badge +3

Hi Asanka 

Thanks so much for the help. 

In our Apps 9, I don’t see this option. I only see the following under Enterprise, Basic Data: 

There is an “Address Set-up per Country” screen (see below) but no Address Setup like yours? 

I don’t think we ever applied the final patch/release to our Apps 9. I wonder if Address Set-up was included in that?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Tom,

My bad for not checking your version properly before responding. 

Above function was introduced in APP10.

You could use a custom event for this purpose in your current version. Your steps would be;

• Create a custom event for the LU and table you need (for example:CustomerInfoAddress,CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TAB  ) for new objects and changes.
  • Use the address_ID new value as an attribute
  • Create a new custom attribute XXX for measuring the length of this attribute. 
  • Create an event action with execute online sql, and define an error as the outcome
  • for conditions for preforming this action use  XXX>30 

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Asanka

Badge +3

Hi Asanka - thanks so much for the advice. That has really helped clarify things. Tom