Question

Probability in Business Opportunity

• 2 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Team,

is there is a way ‘Probability’ field won’t be updated automatically every time an action is Done. I just want to keep it as entered by the user.

Even if I leave it to blank in Sales Process Basic data , once an action is done ==> the Probability will change the current value and turn into blank.

Much appreciate your help.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi!

Probably you have set the “Force Probability” option to Yes for the stages in the sales process (basic data). If that is the case, the probability will be fetched from the sales process and overwrite the values entered by the user. 

Regards,

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Annjse Thanks for your reply but I didn’t force it .

Forcing the probability won’t let the user change the probability manually  or in my case we can change but the issue is that we don’t won’t the system to overwrite it at all . so How to not use this feature ?

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes, you are right it won’t let the user change the probability if force probability is used. Anyway, the probability should not be updated from the sales process when you set an action to done. It should only be updated when you set the stage to done. Also, if the probability value in the sales process basic data is empty it should not replace a manually entered value. I remember that some changes were done when it comes to probability values in the sales process. Which update are you using?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Annjse we are on update 8

Yes even if the probability value in the sales process basic data is empty ==> it is overwriting the user probability and putting it to blank