Solved

IFS Cloud Custom Field configuration

• 18 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

On IFS Cloud, I am currently attempting to take a custom field I created on the CustomerInfo entity, and have that appear on the Lead - CRM page. I have attempted to create custom attributes for the BusinessLead entity that references the custom field I created for CustomerInfo, which, using page designer, appears on the page, but sadly it does not populate with any data. 

I have also created a projection that takes the CustomerInfo/BusinessLead entities and maps them together by the CustomerID, but doing so does not help as this new Projection is not tied into the BusinessLead page. In the Configure standard projection page, I cannot search for the CustomerInfo entity, to tie it to the BusinessLead entity, as it does not appear.

How exactly can you pull a custom field into a page that has a different entity?

icon

Best answer by Masheesh 19 January 2023, 06:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @bdoucette 

I am not sure which cloud version you are testing this. When I checked this , it worked for me. I have configured the reference custom field like below in Lead,

And I have entered a value for the custom field created for CustomerInfo,

And that value will be shown correctly in Lead as below,

This reference will only work when you select an existing account from Lead header.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if still not works by mentioning the cloud version as well.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Masheesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @masheesh,

Yes, thank you, I appreciate your speedy reply. This helps a lot. I did have a question about this though. You are setting the custom field type to Read only correct? Not Persistent field type. Is it possible to set a custom field as Persistent so that it can modify and update the field it’s referencing?

For example, if we had a custom field “SIC code” in CustomerInfo, you could update it in Customer or Account - CRM since they both belong to the CustomerInfo entity. If I want SIC code to appear on Lead, it isn’t editable since it is a read only field type. Would it be possible to have that be editable? All of the times that I’ve tried to set the field as persistent in BusinessLead and pull the SIC code from CustomerInfo, nothing populates the field

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @bdoucette 

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible make that field editable (since it is a referenced field). You have to use zoom on Account field (ctrl + click) and open up Account CRM page to edit that value.

Best regards,

Masheesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Masheesh

I see. Thank you again for the answers and quick responses. I appreciate it

Have a nice day,
Bryan