Skip to main content

How to delete a Sales Process from Basic Data?

I have created:

1. Sales Process Template
  2.  Sales Process - Process ID

However due to a change in naming convention I wanted to delete a Sales Process from the CRM & SRM basic data - I have not used the Sales Process on a Business Opportunity, but I get the following error: Am I just being  numpty?

The Rm Proc Process “name of Sales process” is used by 7 rows in another object (Rm Proc Stage).  

I have removed all the Action IDs per Stage ID and, but I am unable to delete this Sales Process as it is linked to the Sales Process Template - where the 7 rows are.  I am using the Sales Template so do not want to get rid of that. 

Is there a way to delete this Sales Process in the basic data as I hate untidy basic data?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Troodles I don’t have access to an Apps10 environment. However, I’ve tried to delete a Sales Process (CRM Process in IFS Cloud) after having created it from a Process Template. I have stages and actions linked to stages. I could simply delete it from the header as you can see below:

No error message what so ever. So this is not an issue in IFS Cloud. Could it be a bug in Apps10? If you don’t get any other pertinent responses, probably a case with IFS Support would give you an idea if this is really a bug or not.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey Marcel,

Thanks you for you response - I may need to do that as doesn’t seem right :).

thanks

Trudy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Marcel,

I think it was a bug in EE, as I had an inspiration after your response and used Aurena to delete it and it worked a treat!

Trudy

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Glad you found a workaround for this one Trudy!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello, I see the same issue in IFS Cloud 24R1. I have a CRM Process “Sales” that I want to delete and correct the Stage IDs.

However, when I click to delete the CRM Process, I get the same error:

One important note might be that I tested a few different Business Opportunities with this CRM Process first, removed all Business Opportunities before attempting to delete the CRM Process.

I notice above there was a workaround in Apps10. Can someone verify if a similar workaround would be available in IFS Cloud? If so, what would be the steps. 

Appreciate any help here

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ecostanzo_GOGH in your case, most probably some more BOs linked to the CRM Process you wanna delete still exist.

Did you run a query in BO List filtering by the CRM Process you wanna delete?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I thought that as well. But I went and deleted all Business Opportunities just in case there was something cached:

When debugging the error, I see there is an internal 500 error thrown that usually points to some try/catch not implemented within the code:

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

As an update to folks who run into the same issue. The problem I had is the Basic Data → CRM Process and CRM Process Templates were referenced in the RM_PROC_CONNECTED_STAGE_TAB and RM_PROC_CONNECTED_PROCESS_TAB tables. These Tables needed to be truncated in order to properly delete the CRM Process and CRM Process Templates. There seems to be cleanup triggers missing when a Business Opportunity is removed to also cleanup these tables. This got me past my issue. Good luck all.