Demand Planner Main Client in Aurena

• 4 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

R & D team is currently in the process of designing the demand planner main client in Aurena. We highly appreciate your suggestions and comments for the new design. Further are there any suggestions to improve the DP main client usability in Aurena ?

5 replies

Hi Chanaka,

I am not working so long with the Demand Planner but I have the following points:

• at the moment my “Selection Fields” are not staying at the position I would like, so I need to change it every time when I open my Demand Planner
  • I would like to see at either the Demand or Adj Demand Column the Quantity of the Open orders for all coming months, so I can check if the Forecast is in line with the Open Order status
  • What I really miss is standard Report(s) in which I can/could check the Forecast Accuracy so I have good input to check/correct the Forecast
  • It would be great If the system could indicate based on Accuracy measuring which Forecast Model fits the best

Hope this helps you! When not feel free to contact me!

Regards

Raymond

Badge +1

Hi Chanaka

The selection of fields does not keep the user added ones, as Raymond also noticed. Maybe having the Search panel could help, as we have in other windows. do you know when can itbe implemented?

In Forecast Part the phase in/phase out dates are not available for editing. You can edit them in IEE. do you know if there is a reason why?

Kind regards

Valentina

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yo Chanaka, 

I realize that this is thread necromancy, but it would be awesome to somehow synthesize syndicated POS data and demand/shipment data within the client. 

Customer schedules doesn’t exactly do this as it’s production focused vs. forecasting focused. I realize that this is a big request, but the client already does so much I figured it’d be here to ask for it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks a lot for the reply. I do believe showing future Customer Order demands will add more value to Demand Planning main client. Once again thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

Kind regards

Chanaka 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m back!
In reading the road map, it also looks like the Demand Client is slated to be absorbed into IEE.

Often when i’m working with a sales collaborator they want to work in dollars vs. units.  We’ve input avg sales price (and will probably start using period price or flow price in the near future), but there’s not a good place that sums a given time horizon. 

There’s the sum forecast in the metrics window, but that’s over the entire time horizon and adjustments only show if:

1. you’re working in adjusted forecast, not collaborative
  2. the aforementioned period horizon from the demand server vs a user-defined horizon
  3. there are no metrics detailing growth/decline vs a defined historical time period based on adj demand or actual demand

This may be too much, but pie in the sky

having a slicer with period start and period end that would pull in the data from the existing table in the Demand Forecast screen (or where-ever it ends up) would be useful for getting collaborator input.