Question

Customer Order Project Rental Reservation

• 22 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Team,

In Customer Order, there’s a Project Reference. 

Here, I have entered a Rental Order line.

There is no Project quantity shown in reservation and I’m unable to move company rental assets to Project inventory as well.  

Please let me know how I can reserve the rental for Project in Customer Order. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

If you have received a rental part from a supplier for this project (supplier rented, project inventory part), you would then be able to reserve the part to the project connected customer order. It will also be shown as available to reserve for your rental line.

[There was a time it was possible to receive company rental asset part with project connection, before APP9 UPD 6. RnD changed this behavior with bug 133689, which now throws an error when you try to connect an activity to a company rental asset PO line/change ownership to company rental asset of a project connected PO line. If possible, you can ask RnD why they did it,  for a detailed explanation ( and to see that explanation is satisfactory :) ) ]

Hope this helps

Asanka

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

In order to reserve Company Rental Assets, you can change the supply code of the customer order to Invent Order and reserve the stock from the standard inventory.

Receiving Company Rental Assets to Project Inventory is not a supported flow. This is mainly because the Project Cost will artificially be increased of bearing the asset value to the project which is less likely to happen in real teams. 

Hope this helps?

AsankaD