Question

CRM Access Group Set up

Badge +1

Hello, 

I am really new to IFS and we have recently started using the CRM portion for our business. I have a use case where I have representatives on the Customer Record who are not listed as reps on the business opportunity but who need to have read/update access to the ones for the customers they are listed on. I have tried creating an access group with the rep and granting the business opportunity filter without success. I feel like I am missing something really obvious but can’t figure it out. Looking for any tips or Advice please. 

Thanks In Advance

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Access is controlled by the filter for the record type and the representatives on the record. To get access to an opportunity, you must be listed as a representative on the opportunity. You can also get access if you are a member of the same group as one of the representatives since they will then automatically share the access with you. If both the customer and the business opportunity access filters are active, you must be a representative (or member of the same group as a rep) for both the customer and the opportunity to be able to see the opportunity. This means that some users might be able to access a customer but not all the opportunities for that customer. 

Instead of using the business opportunity access filter, you can let the customer access filter control the access also for business opportunities by setting the status of the opportunity access filter to Inherit. The filter privileges will then be inherited from the customer record (the opportunity filter is ignored). I.e. all representatives listed on the customer will get access to all opportunities for that customer.

Regards,
Anna 

Badge +1

Thank you! 

If a user is listed as a rep on the customer but not in an access group, as long as I turn on the inherit filter they will see the related business opportunities. So really I don’t need access groups just the rep and the main filters.

I appreciate the response 😀