Business Opportunity - Business Type

• 18 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the Business Type field on the Business Opportunity header? 

• Do you know if there is a setting somewhere that allows you to choose either to be the default? 
    • The two values are New and Recurring
  • Do you know if there is any connection between Business Type and any other field that would change it from New to Recurring based on a user action?  Other than the user intentionally selecting Recurring? 
    • It seems to default to New but in some cases it has been set to Recurring.  We’re not sure how it would be set to Recurring since it is hidden for our users.
  • Do you know it’s general purpose? 
    • I have tried to find some description of it’s function in the documentation but haven’t been able to locate that information.

Thank you,

Joann

icon

Best answer by Annjse 18 March 2021, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Joann,

There is no setting to control the default value, it always defaults to New. There is no connection to other fields so if it has not been changed intentionally by a user, it should have the value New.

Customers can of course use this field in different ways but the purpose is to indicate if the opportunity is regarding new sales or if it is for repetitive sales. For example you might have a regular service or rental that you bill your customer.

BR,
Anna 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @Annjse 

Thank you!

Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Annjse and @jtobin  ,

I too noticed the scenario mentioned  by @jtobin in one of customer case reported to GSO. I doubt whether this ‘Recurring’ is taken from profile or  some kind of caching is happen for frequently using option. However I haven’t investigated that further. May be @jtobin can check in your environment when it happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @Dumeesha Wanigarathna:

Thank you!  I will check that when it happens.

Joann