Question

Blocked Orders on Multi-Site Affected By Execute Order Change Online

• 26 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If we turn on “Execute Order Change Online” it is very helpful for multi-site (site 0) orders to change instantly (dates, qtys, etc.), but we have come across an issue for blocked orders being released. We get this error message when unblocking the order on site 0 and cannot move forward. Is there a setting we are missing that will allow orders to be unblocked online?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In the online solution for order changes we trigger a ORDCHG message and we run it online. Usually you get the error message above when the customer order is not created in the supply site yet. Can you check if you have created the customer order on the supply site by looking in the supply chain orders analysis page? If not can you check if the ORDERS message stuck somewhere? Waiting for approval in the incoming customer order page? 

Perhaps you have found a loophole in this solution in connection to blocked orders? However without any more detailed testplan it is hard to tell.

//Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The SCOA only shows that the external site order and internal purchase order has been created. Generally the supply site order is only created upon unblocking the external site order. In this case it is indicating that the supply site order must exist before unblocking but that is not the case when when don’t have the order change online checked. 

There is also no incoming change request or incoming customer order messages stopping it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When I am testing the external CO is blocked at release and no internal PO is created. Then when releasing the internal PO is created and sent. Perhaps you have another test scenario that I am not familiar with. Perhaps you could explain a bit step by step what you are doing and what is happening. 

Another option is to report it to support.

//Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

In my case, some of my orders do not have the internal PO created and this seems to be where the issue is. The ones that are blocked but do have the internal PO created get released without an issue. Something about the orders with no internal PO must be different and I am not able to identify what it is.